With a little more than one week to go until the start of ISTE 2017, our offices are abuzz with planning and preparations. We’re excited to bring you some great sessions, exciting updates, special guests, an engaging booth experience, and lots more at this yeat’s ISTE conference. Here are some of the highlights that we hope you’ll join us for, even if you’re #NotAtISTE this year:
- MQ Spotlight Session: We’re hosting an exciting spotlight session with Angela Maiers and Lord Jim Knight. We are so proud to partner with these two incredible people and bring them to ISTE to discuss how inspiring greatness in students can help with better outcomes for schools. Angela will share more about the Mattering Quotient research process, present initial findings and explain how you can be part of the movement. Join us at this session on Monday, June 26th at 2:30 pm in room 225. We’ll be live tweeting from this event, and recording it to watch later if you can’t join us in person.
- Facebook & Twitter LIVE Chat: We will be joined by some EdTech thought leaders including Angela Maiers, Lord Jim Knight, Vicki Davis, and Jeffery Bradbury to continue the conversation about mattering, EDtech, and inspiring greatness. Join us online at 10:30 am on Tuesday, June 27th.
- At Our Booth: Demonstrations of the latest and greatest SMART innovations will be happening at our booth (#1500!) all conference long. Not only will we have SMART staff members available to showcase what’s new with SMART Learning Suite and our interactive displays, but we will also have teachers and students showcasing their favorite SMART tools and tips. Get a preview of our awesome, engaged student advocates and what they’ll be presenting here!
- Breakout Session on Choosing the Right Tech: Our own Giancarlo Brotto, Global Education Strategist, on a panel that will discuss how to choose the right technology to meet the instructional needs of your classroom(s). We look forward to seeing you for this session on Tuesday, June 27th at 10:15 am in room 212. More details here.
- Win a Monster: Meet Dimitri! Dimitri the dragon, who appears in several SMART Learning Suite games, will be joining us at ISTE to showcase our software, and of course, give you a great photo opp! Find Dimitri at our booth or wandering the ISTE halls and snap a selfie with him – post your pic with #MeetDimitri and you’ll be entered to win a stuffed monster!
If you’re not able to come to ISTE, don’t worry! We will be live streaming from our booth and various events, and look forward to having you join us online! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates all conference long.
We’re really looking forward to chatting with you during ISTE 2017 – whether it’s in person or online, it’s going to be a great conference.
- Spark Active Learning with the new SMART Learning Suite Online - August 18, 2017
- 6 Effortless Ways to Get Inspired (for Back to School) - August 11, 2017
- How Global Collaboration Shows Students They Matter - July 11, 2017
- New Tools to Unlock Student Potential - July 7, 2017
- ISTE 2017: What We Saw - July 6, 2017